Aug 19, 2014

Jack-Jack

This is Jack-Jack, a student.





We also called him Alfredo Jack, because he could talk in a remarkably convincing Italian accent.

One day he came to me and said, "Teacher, do you want to see the red potato flower?"  He showed me a red flower in the grass.  It happened to be my favorite flower in Mongolia because it smells so fragrant.  Little did I know that it was also edible.  He and one of his comrades scrabbled in the dirt with their fingernails for about fifteen minutes.  They came up with a small white thing that looked like a garlic clove.





 I tasted it and it tasted indeed like a raw crunchy potato (that is, like nothing really).

Jack-Jack kindly spent his free time at camp digging up the fragrant flowers and offering his produce to his special English teachers.






No comments:

Post a Comment