Oct 1, 2015

acclimation

I was in Colorado for the weekend, and apparently the only thing that inspired me enough to get my camera out was this truck in our hotel parking lot.  Like I'd never seen a cow head before.




Behind it was a trailer with enough brown and pink remnants to identity that these were, indeed, buffalo.

I'd planned take lots of pictures and fill up on autumn colors, but was too early in the season.  Just greens.  Not that I was complaining about that.  The grass looked especially, unnaturally green.  Or had I acclimated to desert colors that quickly?

I went running in the morning and froze my limbs off in the 60-degree weather.  Why didn't I bring pants and sweatshirt?

We are at the end of swimming season here in Arizona.  Ironically, the end of September signals the end of swimming in Minnesota too.  This must mean that swimming is in fact not dependent on temperature but on month.  We are running steady highs of 100 here, and indeed, it is too cold to comfortably enjoy the pool.


1 comment:

  1. To heck with the OX. "You have exulted my horn like the buffalo." From a Wyoming "lav", i feel at home in that particular short and deep curl of plain horn.

    ReplyDelete