Dec 8, 2013

Bear with me while I post photos from my afternoon walk:



(Alki Beach in Seattle)



Pleasantly, this place is a three-minute walk from my aunt's house (where I'm staying this week).



I tracked this boat for about twenty minutes (also please notice the mountains):



Eventually it made it to the sun path:




When I boarded the plane for Seattle, I commented amiably to the middle-aged man in the front seat, "I see you have to sit by the door with all the cold air."

He said, "Your hair is fwrffnyl."

I couldn't hear him.  "My hair is funny?"

"Your hair is WONDERFUL," he repeated loudly.

"Oh!  Thank you."  I scruffled it self-consciously.  "It's a mess.  I haven't done anything to it all day."

"It's wonderful."

I did not feel inclined to disagree so I thanked him and bumbled my way down the aisle with greater self-confidence.

2 comments:

  1. Alki! How I love that beach and the mountains surrounding it. When I flew in for thanksgiving break it was crystal clear going past the mountains...http://katiebeth-katie.blogspot.com/2013/12/flying-in.html. How are you finding the schools in Seattle?

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's how I often think your hair looks lately too: "fwrffnyl". :-)

    ReplyDelete