Jun 26, 2014

Tomorrow we leave for the countryside!

We are going to a different camp than last year; this one will include military-style training for the campers.  (We were told we could participate if we wanted.)  Last year we rode three hours in buses; this year we ride 3 hours on a train.  I hear this is the most comfortable way to travel in Mongolia.  Also I hear that the train goes around 20-25 miles an hour.

The description of "Camp Amenities" includes "washing troughs" and "squatty potties," with a note that laundry is self-clean only.  I was happy to hear that there is a river only a five-minute walk away if needed.

I have had a splendid week with my team members.  Spending all day with seven college students from California is adventuresome and educational.  I am learning Californian lingo.  I also learned that avocados are really cheap in California, like six for a dollar if you go to the right place.

I must go to the market to stock up on these before camp:

- toilet paper
- baby wipes
- fresh produce - last year I got a hefty bag of prunes.  This year I am not going to get prunes.  I am going to get apples or oranges.

Very much looking forward to sharing photos and stories when I return to the city on July 10!

1 comment:

  1. Looking forward to hearing more and seeing photos too! Praying all is going well!

    ReplyDelete