Apr 1, 2015

taking it slow

Most mornings I rush through the door.  This morning I was talking to a student, so I must have opened the door in slow motion.  I walked through the doorway.  From the end of the hall I heard a burst of exasperation and heartbreak:  "Are you SERIOUS??!"


There it sat, teetering on the edge -- unfallen.  HA!  My student was crestfallen.  His one chance to douse Mrs. Clare had epically failed.  He had so carefully contrived his plot.  He had even got his dad to take him to school extra early -- they even had to wait for the secretary to come open up.

Sister came into the hall to investigate the commotion and the quickly-gathering crowd.  She did not look amused.  I told her I had it coming to me.

He got the desk though.


I packed it all up in bag.  It was the good kind of toilet paper.  I told him it would be put to good use.  He thinks I'm fooling.



1 comment: