Apr 2, 2014

little pink things

This is sushi.  I have had sushi before, but not quite like this.  In my previous sushi-eating experience what you eat is chopped up very small and mixed with other chopped-up-small things so you aren't exactly sure what you are eating.

This time I was very sure that what I was spearing with my chopsticks were hunks of raw fish.  I could tell they were different kinds of fish too.  Not just because of color; they tasted and felt different.


After-picture, because it was tasty.  I'd do it again.


I'm pretty convinced those little pink things are fish eggs.  I normally would finish everything but they tasted sour and salty and something-else and I wasn't quite in the mood.  (Oh, the green dollop is horseradish...didn't finish that either.)

...What would my fifth-graders say if I brought this to lunch?

No comments:

Post a Comment