Jan 4, 2013

Across the pond

And...hello, England!

The plane ride seems dreamlike now, but I remember two things:

1. Dinner, at 4:10 a.m.  I was famished by that point.  The salad had a big slice of tomato on top.  I stabbed it with my fork and wedged it in my mouth and thought, "This has got to be the best thing I've ever tasted."

2. A greatly increased appreciation for Bach.  I listened to the same Bach CD for the whole 6 hours.

...And now I'm here:



...unpacking with my two roommates, and listening to Fiddler on the Roof soundtrack.  I can't think of a better way to end my first day in the UK.

3 comments:

  1. Lol!!! Thats really awesome! Ohhh so is your UK information lol I just realized that it's 28 degrees warmer there then it is here and that you are sleeping cause it's four in the morning for you and ten at night for me. :) Anyway,I'm Praying that you have an unforgettable time there and I hope your second day is as great as your first. You should make sure you have some tea and crumpets with some nice English Ladies while your there and whatever you do don't forget to tale about PARACITES!!!! LOL P.S. Take lots of pictures!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Christina...you make me laugh. Thank you for your prayers & thoughts, and I'll do my best to talk about parasites over tea & crumpets. :)

      Delete
  2. So glad to see your smiling face in front of your new "home" for a few months!
    Your plane ride sounds familiar except I did not choose Bach but should have!!
    Have wonderful "firsts" as you get to know such a historic culture! I watched a show on TV last night about three different castles in the UK.... it was very interesting and now you get to experience it!
    Blessings
    Becky for all

    ReplyDelete