Apr 15, 2013

The "Wight" kind of isle

The long-neglected Wales installment will soon come - but for now, I'm going to ignore chronological order. Instead here are some photos of where I am at the moment - the Isle of Wight, off the coast of southern England.

Ferry boardwalk:


View from our cabin window:




Favorite part so far:  Live chickens.  Our cabin is inside a fenced yard with four very-tame hens.  I couldn’t believe it when I walked up the path and saw them scratching around at the gate.  They come right up on our doorstep.   The landlady’s daughter told me their names.  Nothing makes me happy like friendly chickens.   (And fresh eggs for breakfast.)




1 comment:

  1. How pleasant! The lush green grass looks so inviting. What sweet-looking chickens too! They look very much like a few of ours. :-) I hope you thoroughly enjoy your stay there!
    Love,
    Grace

    ReplyDelete