Jun 19, 2013

...firsts

Thursday, June 20, 7:10 p.m.:  Depart from New York to Moscow.  Layover in Moscow, arrive in Ulan Bator (the capital of Mongolia) sometime on Friday.

I'll meet my team at the airport in New York and we'll all fly over together.

Forecast for Ulan Bator:



Time in Mongolia:  13 hours later than Central.  (It's 3:21 p.m. here at the moment; it's 4:21 a.m. in Ulan Bator.)

A few things I've been told to expect:
  • We'll be in a camp setting most of the time.
  • The camp most likely will have electricity (yay!)
  • The camp most likely will not have Internet.
  • Laundry may or may not all be done by handwashing.

A few of the teaching items I've got in my suitcase:
  • favorite kids' books
  • construction paper
  • marshmallows
  • Twister

Some friends who've been to rural Mongolia before told me that it felt a little like landing on the moon.  (Cool!)

...I'm getting excited.  (understatement)

No comments:

Post a Comment