Jun 17, 2013

lasts...

On my last day in England I went back to Oxford to get my luggage.

I took one last walk down my favorite running path, Cuckoo Lane (where C. S. Lewis regularly walked):


The very short bridge, which I always had to duck under:


I'd never seen Oxford so springlike:



I'm glad I got to go back one last time before I flew home.  The city seemed empty and strange without all the people there that I had spent the last three months with.  It made me ready to go home.  It showed me that even though places are important, the people you are with are more important.

Being in Oxford was incredible.  I'm grateful - that I could be there, and even more that I can continue the friendships I made - even though I'm not there anymore.

Goodbye, England!

1 comment:

  1. Indeed. Bravo, Caroline; excellent blog!

    We love you so much.

    ReplyDelete