Jun 6, 2013

mundane everydays

An interruption to the field trip series.  I came across a couple photos that reminded me of the everyday parts of life in Oxford:

Food groups:  We all did our own grocery shopping and cooking.  Most of us in the house formed small "food groups" of a few students apiece and cooked for each other.  (That way we didn't have thirty-plus people in one kitchen every night.)  I was in a food group of seven students, and we ate at 7:00 together every evening.  We each had a different night to cook; my night was on Mondays.

Here's a curry dinner that I made on one of my nights, with Susanna's help:


(Actually, just about everyone in the group helped that night.  Curry involves lots of chopping of lots of vegetables.)

Class time:  Here's the back door and yard of Wycliffe Hall, the school that we were affiliated with under Oxford University.  I parked my bike here and went in and out this door every day during the second part of the semester.



No comments:

Post a Comment