Jun 27, 2013

further up and further in

Tomorrow morning we leave for the countryside, where we'll be teaching at a camp for the next couple weeks.  It's fifty miles away, and it'll take us three hours to get there by bus.  (Oh, and there'll likely be no Internet, like I mentioned before.)

Today I learned that I'll have about thirteen students in my classroom.  We begin teaching on Saturday.

In the meantime, here's the Blue Sky (on the left), one of the landmark buildings in the capital, with a Buddhist monastery in the foreground:


The money here is fun.  The currency is in tugriks.  One tugrik is rather small.  All of the bills here in the photo are worth less than $5.00 total.  I exchanged $20.00 and received about 28,000 tugriks in return (which made me feel quite rich).  Also, they apparently have no coins but only use bills.

No comments:

Post a Comment