Aug 14, 2013

go easy on the cello music, folks

This evening I was puttering around in my room.  I had put a CD in the player, one of my favorites, of Yo-Yo Ma on the cello.


I left my room to vacuum the car.  I came back: no music, someone had paused the CD.  That's odd, no one is around.

Later I asked Gracie about it.

Me:  "Did you stop my music?"

Grace [matter-of-factly]:  "Yes."

Me:  "Why?"

Grace [pauses, thinks assertively]:  "It was CREEPY."

Me:  "What?  How??"

Grace [another pause]:  "Because it was making me SENTIMENTAL, and I don't want THAT to happen."

Hmm.  This may have something to do with the fact that she's currently in the process of packing for her freshman year of college.  However, she never has been enthusiastic about "all that boring music you listen to without any words."

No comments:

Post a Comment