Oct 31, 2013

Do NOT sneeze.

Gone are the fifth graders, and with them all my blogging material.  High school is much...quieter, in Miss G.'s room anyway.

When my fifth-graders heard I was going to Miss G.'s room, they became very concerned.  Miss G. has a reputation, even down in fifth grade.  "Don't ever sneeze in her room, and don't yawn, or she'll make you cry!"

I laughed at them.  "Miss G. is a very nice lady," I insisted.

I was sitting in the back of her room on one of my first days, observing.  I sniffed, panicked, and got a tissue.  I sneaked a guilty look at Miss G., then laughed at myself.  But then half an hour later...

...I felt a sneeze impending.  I panicked again and held my breath till it passed.

The next afternoon I was standing at the kitchen sink.  Bear (our big white dog) was dozing in the front yard.  He opened his jaws and yawned and I panicked again:  Bear!  Cover your mouth!  Oh wait -- he's a dog.  And besides Miss G. didn't see it.


[To clarify:  Miss G. really is a kind lady, and she has never yet mentioned sneezing or yawning.]

No comments:

Post a Comment