Oct 9, 2013

Indiana Jones and...rap?

Today was Switcharoo Day for homecoming week.  (Boys dress as girls, girls dress as boys.  In fifth grade this isn't inappropriate yet, just funny.)

This is my best attempt.  Think Indiana Jones.


That's what the kids thought anyway.  They liked the hat but perpetually put it on backwards.

This happened to be the day I fulfilled a promise from several weeks ago.  I had accidentally mentioned one time that it is really fun and helpful to rap to textbooks:  i.e., read your textbook in a rap-like fashion.  (It is amazing how un-bored you become.)

They found this more fascinating than I expected, and I accidentally promised I would rap for them sometime.  This has been making me nervous because rapping really is not my strong point.  Well, today inspiration hit.  I grabbed Tyler's history book and told them about Cabeza de Vaca in a way they'd never heard before.  (No videos for this one, thank goodness.)  "Miz Eckstrom, can you beat box too!?"  "No!"

I wish I could show photos of the boys.  It is distracting to teach tanned farmer boys when they are wearing their sisters' sparkly headbands and pink lipstick.  Their high heels really helped the mincing walk too.  They kept pushing their fake hair back over their shoulders.  "I don't get how girls can stand this stuff!"

The maintenance man was chatting in the doorway when we heard the kids stampeding back from PE.  Mrs. D said gravely, "Sir, you're about to get run over by cross-dressing fifth graders."

No comments:

Post a Comment